The truth of the matter is that I ,personally, have always treated people regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual preference, religion, etc… as human beings who should be treated with the utmost dignity. The fact is that while there may some demonization on certain segments of the left. The fact remains that intolerance is far more pervasive on the right whether it be racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia etc… Yes, there are people on the political, social and cultural left whop need to reassess their value system. But this is true for many on the political, social and cultural right as well.
As far as marxism and a “marxist agenda “ is concerned. I am confused as to why you believe that is the case among many people on the left. It is not. At least no more than a fascist agenda is desirable for many on the right. It has been my experience hat many liberals desire:
- health care for all citizens
- environmental regulations to keep people safe from an over polluted environment which can lead to cancer and various other diseases
- A safety et to protect children, physically and mentally disabled people and those who fall on hard times.
- the right to a free public education for children or adults form k-12 and possibly beyond
- A fair, equitable and level playing field that provides a reasonable opportunity to everyone, not just those who are born wealthy and well connected etc…
These are hardly “marxist” values. They are progressive values that more often than not result in a better society for everyone across the board.